The long way to......

essays about my daily life. It will be something about India since it makes me happy and bothers me a lot.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Festival.....??



I went to the Northeast cultural festival with my freind yeasterday. It has held in Pragati maidan for a week.


Before going, I checked an ad of the festival. The interesting thing is that the ad are different from English newspaper and Hindi one. The ad in English paper is consisted of pictures of "tribal" people. Then the ad in Hindi paper is of picture of Manmohan Singh and Sonia Gandhi. I do not know where the difference comes from. If someone knows, please let me know.


Anyway, the excitment of the festival was so high between my freind and me. We both skipped a meal so that we could eat foods from Northeast.

Disappointment struck us right after we entered. There were few people..... The entire place was like sleeping. But we tried to make ourselves optimistic at that moment.


Another disappontment hit us when we saw the food sold there was Rajma and rice...the name of the stall was the Ashoka.....


But we still tried to keep our mind high expecting something might happen. Because it is a festival!


But nothing happened.


The camera was used to take only one picutres from the festival but it was used to take pictures of Bihar's imaginary flyover.....Is that means that seven sisters plus Sikkim are not attractive/interesting than Bihar? Well....I honestly say...8 states could not attract me more than the flyover at that day in Pragati maidan......




Hope the festival would be much better next year. I recommend them to have food stall which definetly attracts lots of people! Who wants to eat Daal in Pragati maidan?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home